If you need a foster, you MUST fill out an application before we can help you.
Our Foster Program
PACT for Animals offers our services to those serving in the military and military support services personnel during deployment, training, or permanent change of station. We also partner with many major hospitals nationwide so Veterans and pet owners can concentrate on their medical needs and rest assured that their companion animals are in loving homes until they return.
What Makes PACT Different?
- We stay with you and the foster through the entire process.
- We carefully vet and pair fosters and pets.
- PACT pet parents are responsible for all pet-related costs (food, training, grooming, vet, etc). As such we recommend setting up monthly deliveries to avoid out-of-pocket costs and reimbursement to fosters.
What does the process look like?
- Fill out the application in its entirety and we will contact you within 24 hrs. Ensure that we have all valid email addresses and that you are checking for our communications regularly!!!
- When we contact you, we will need the following, so having them ready ahead of time is helpful.
- Your orders or a copy of your doctor note that details the length of your deployment or treatment.
- A copy of your pet’s medical records including proof of spay/neuter, vaccinations, rabies shots, etc.
- Pictures of your pet, the cuter the better. Pictures of pets with owners in uniform, with kids, or being extra cheesy usually do best with enticing people to foster.
- Name and contact information of military personnel command-to be used in emergency situations only.
- Your POC (point of contact) who will be responsible for decisions regarding your pet (medical care etc) and financial responsibility if you aren’t able to be reached.
From there we get your pet listed on our website and social media where we promote, make calls, and tirelessly work to pair your pet with the perfect foster. This process can take days, to weeks, or months.
What to do before applying?
Because the service we offer is so labor-heavy, we ask that you please do the following for us:
- Exhaust all other options for establishing care on your own.
- Let us know immediately if your orders/plans change and you no longer need PACT’s help.
- Strongly consider donating $50 or more to PACT to cover the cost of promoting your pet through paid social media advertising. CFC # 71073
All Pets Require Core Vaccines, No Exceptions
The Following are required:
- PACT follows American Veterinary Medical Association ( AVMA recommendations)
- Required core vaccines for dogs: Rabies, DAP; Canine Distemper Virus (CDV), Canine Adenovirus-2 (CAV-2), and Canine Parvovirus (CPV or parvo).
- Combinations shots may be listed as DA2PP, DH
- Required core vaccines for cats: Rabies, Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis (FVR), Feline Panleukopenia (FP), and Feline Calicivirus.
- Combination shots may be listed as FVRCP
- All kittens should have received Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV)
- View Reference for Cats
For required vaccinations, Click here for frequently asked questions
Thank you for considering PACT for your pet fostering needs. We look forward to receiving your application and helping you!