Written By: Cindy Aldridge
A little known fact: dogs love the holidays, too! With millions of Americans owning dogs or cats, they have become an indispensable and important part of our beloved holiday traditions and gatherings. As many as 95 % of dog owners say they have given their pet a Christmas gift. There is no better way to celebrate that magical bond between dog and human than a great gift for your dog.
A Dog’s Sleep
On average dog’s spend about 12-14 hours asleep. If your pooch is going to spend that much time snoozing, a great gift will ensure his sleep is the soundest and most comfortable it can be. There are plenty of dog bed varieties to consider depending on your dog’s needs and specific circumstances.
- Custom pet pillow: This is a great way to dress up your dog’s sleeping quarters and make him more comfortable, plus it’s a great gift for any dog owner. You can even have a photo of your dog or their name printed on it.
- Orthopedic mattress: Older dogs especially need a thicker mattress where they can rest their joints. Many orthopedic dog beds are made with memory foam, which provides considerable support for your dog.
- Dog couch: Maybe you like your dog to sit and watch television with you in style. Dog couches can be a classy addition to your living room set.
- Elevated Dog Bed: These offer several perks, like keeping some space between your dog and the cold floor.
- Outside Dog Bed: These beds are made of special materials that can withstand outdoor elements.
Toys & Accessories
There are thousands of dog breeds, which means thousands of combinations of personalities, temperament, special needs and preferences. Some dogs play fetch for hours on end, others prefer chewing on expensive shoes. Check out these gift ideas for dog lovers and their pets:
- Classic Kong Toy: In case your dog is a known shredder, get them this chew-resistant toy that is not so easily torn to pieces.
- Doggy Plush Toy: You can’t go wrong with a cute dog plush toy that can take any shape and size.
- Pet Car Seat Cover: For a dog that is always on the go, this seat cover protects the inside of a car to make clean up easy and stress free.
- LED Dog Collar or Safety light: If you or your the dog lover in your life tend to walk late at night, this light up dog collar will make you visible to traffic and other late night walkers.
- Dual Dog Leash: If you have more than one dog, having multiple leashes can be a hassle during walks. A dual dog leash will maintain some order when on a walk.
Technology has made its way to the dog lovers industry, too. It has found a way to integrate the functionality of new advances with practical needs and people’s love for their dogs.
- GPS Tracker: If your friend’s dog is a jumper or easily gets out of the gate, consider a GPS tracker, which uses cellular and GPS technology to find them and even monitor their activity and health.
- Smart Pet Feeder: Perhaps your friend often works long days and has to leave the dog alone for long stretches of time. A device like this one could come in handy and allows you to schedule and manage feeding times, portion sizes, and food supply.
- Pet Camera: Keep an eye on that furry friend when they’re home alone. A pet camera can help in monitoring your pet while you are away. You can connect to most cameras via a smartphone app and wi-fi.
Our dogs are more than pets. They are friends, companions, partners in crime, cuddle buddies, hiking and running partners, you name it! If you’re looking for a great gift this holiday season for your dog loving friends, this is a good place to start.