- Applicant must be within a 90 mile radius of Philadelphia, PA.
- Submit an application online or drop off at Buzzy's. Please include complete veterinary and personal references. Applications may be mailed to you, but submissions via our website are the fastest method to apply.
- A PACT volunteer or employee will review your application and call you with any questions, so please include your phone number. If all foster requirements are met a volunteer or employee will call you to set up an appointment.
- At initial meeting, ALL members of family household are required to meet the PACT animal(s) before a foster decision is determined.
- At this point, if applicant(s) and PACT are comfortable proceeding and applicant already has a pet in the household, an introduction will take place for existing family pet(s) to PACT foster animal (occasionally, more than one meeting is necessary).
- Home visit will be completed by PACT volunteer or employee.
- Application is approved or denied based on the successful previous steps. Decisions for foster typically take between one and several weeks.
- If the application is approved, a PACT volunteer or employee will complete the foster process by assisting with a smooth transition of the PACT foster animal(s) into their new, temporary home. Foster family will be provided with information about the specific animal's diet, containment/management/crating, baby gating in house when dog is to be left alone, housetraining, safe outdoor exercise, preventative veterinary care, manners and behavior training, etc.
- Continued support will be provided for the foster family to ensure a smooth transition and placement of the pet in the foster's home.
Multiple applications are accepted for all PACT animals with the intent to make the best match possible. Our concern is for not only the animals, but for the families in the community who lovingly welcome our dogs and cats into their homes. Therefore, PACT reserves the right to make foster decisions based on the animal's placement in a loving home.
Multiple applications are accepted for all PACT animals with the intent to make the best match possible. Our concern is for not only the animals, but for the families in the community who lovingly welcome our dogs and cats into their homes. Therefore, PACT reserves the right to make adoption decisions based on the animal's permanent placement in a loving home.